December 3, 2008

It's a crazy game!

So what was Ronaldo thinking back there? We all know the chap is on a high with all the awards and the cups that he won last season. He was always, and still is the cocky son of a gun that everyone loves to hate. He knows that everyone grudgingly acknowledges that he might be the best player on the planet right now- there is, after all, nothing he cannot do with a ball. Right leg, left leg, header, freekick... you name it, and he's got it.

So what the hell was he thinking when he decided to play in goal for Manchester City last week?! Even hard core Man Utd fans like myself cannot think of a way to defend him from this incident! The ridiculous post match explanations- he was pushed.. he heard a whistle.. he wanted to protect his beautiful face!! -nonetheless, it did provide for some entertainment to the Man Utd fans, especially when Citeh could muster hardly a chance even with a man advantage. Especially heartwarming was the fact that Robinho (more about him, later) was totally shackled by his 18 year old counterpart.

A fine moment of madness, is what I say. I tried to put myself into Ronaldo's position as he went up to perform this act, and this is what I was thinking:
"I'm the best in the world, I've got everything and a beautiful face. But damn that Kaka, being voted the most handsome! That prick, I'll show him at the Ballon D'Or whose better! Now, wait, I think I can get this ball if I jump high enough... here I go!! CR7, up, up and away!! Oh no, wait! I got that award to win tomorrow!! I can't break my nose now!!! Quick, avert! Oops, no time for that... do something!! Damn, not that thing!! I'm so stupid! Hope the ref won't give me a card! No, I'm sure he will! Wait, is it Graham Poll there? Maybe I'll be lucky... nah, I'm done for :( I think I'll just wait here on the pitch a couple of minutes though, millions around the world are watching me right now. This is probably the best chance to show them I'm more beautiful than Kaka! Well, time to go, hope the old geezer doesn't fry me!"

Coming to Robinho, is it just me or is he the biggest moron on the planet? Okay, so Citeh have got all the money, but who in their right mind can imagine that Kaka, Messi, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele and every other great on this planet will take up lodgings in Manchester in January! Mark Hughes hopefully is more sensible than that (he did play for United, and before you mention it, Ronaldo is an aberration, he is after all the second most beautiful player on the planet.. as the adage goes, beauty and brains don't go together!). Anyways, Hughes better tell Robinho to shut his fat mouth and get on with the stepovers that he is better at, and find ways to go past his younger Brazilian teammates!

If you think there's not enough craziness to go around in football, check this out (Hat tip to Rahul for the link)



Another matter that I do not entirely attribute to craziness is Drogba's throws. I mean, if the lad thinks he's got enough money, and is not a beggar to receive coins on his head from the crowd, he has all the right to chuck it back at the crowd. Of course, next time he might have to consider the matter that it is very difficult to hit the guy who throw the coin at you in the first place. He would do much better following the example of Eric Cantona, or for that matter, Inzamam Ul Haq. 

That's all for now, have a crazy week!

6 comments:

Rahul said...

This season has been as crazy as they come. Who would've thought Arse will become the new Boro, Burnley will defeat Chelsea and Arsenal on consecutive CC games and best of all...Liverpool will be top of the table in December!!

DuffuTalks said...

holy crap
why why why ...luck did not favour chelsea against newcastle unlike manu leaving late against the managerless sunderland.

Vivek aka Pisciotta said...

How did Man U score against Sunderland? Tried to figure that out on my blog...

DuffuTalks said...

I was mad about not knowing how manu
outclassed sunderland tactically .I was mentioning how harsh the fate was Chelsea did not manage to score against Newcastle.

RedViv said...

I think Ronnie must have thought this !!

'bloody English media , everyone there suffers from xenophobia , but they really are mad about hand of gods. I can do everything , then let me try this and see what Maradona has got to say about this' and then at the last moment thinks , let me do this after the ballon d'or , would be recognised more and aborts the plan. He had to cover his face then because the cross was from Wayne'Shrek'Rooney.

DuffuTalks said...

now thats real crap