September 25, 2008

Em'mental' Eboue

Well Well Well... Is it me here ?? AMAN... AMAN...!

1 year ago

Aman: Hey Harsha, what would you say if i tell you i want to start a football-based website?
Harsha: See, you cant start anything like that. You need to have proper planning.
Aman: Hmm

6 months ago

Aman: Hey Harsha, lets start a website man. Lets do something interesting.
Harsha: See, you cant start anything like that. Have you planned anything like what will be it all about?
Aman: No...

2 months ago

Aman: Hey Harsha, lets start a website man. We can have goal videos there at least.
Harsha: See, you cant start anything like that. Have you planned how will you manage to put all the goal videos there before anyone does? Have you consider finacial issues and do you have so much time?
Aman: No...

Yesterday

Harsha: Hey Aman, i have an interesting proposition for you.
Aman: Hmm..What is it?
Harsha: I and my friends have started a blog on English Premier League Football. It is actually about....
Aman: Can I write?
Harsha: Yes. Its actually about..
Aman: Yessssssssssss...

SeeHarsha, my fellow gooner (yeah Manures, Scousers and Chelshits, I am from Arsenal camp), I am on my way.

After three years (yeah, yeah i missed Bergkamp..shut up!) of arsenal-till-i-die, arsenal-i-can-die-to-see-you, arsenal-i-will-die-before-you-win-the-league, arsenal-i-need -not-die-to-watch-heaven's football...... I am writing this hypothetical humorous conversation between a 'Fan' and 'Lord Wenger'. The aim is to highlight the importance of our "Tricky Winger—Eboue" (courtesy: Harsha) in arsenal team. Its not an ideal start to my writing career and i never dreamed of ridiculing my club. But this space seriosuly needs a bit of fun.


Fan: Le Professor, you sold Hoyte, u sent Senderos and Traore on loan, would you mind buying one center-back and one left-back?
Wenger: Not really. But yes, if see a bargain. But we are mentally strong enough.


Fan: What if Clichy and Toure gets injured? who will cover them up?
Wenger: We have Djourou. We have song who is an excellent center-back. Our mentality is strong

Fan: We supposed song will is a cover for Denilson.
Wenger: Yes he is. He is mentally strong.

Fan: Who is he? some superman's kid?
Wenger: No he is an excellent mid-fielder with strong mentality.

Fan: You just said he is a defender
Wenger: He is both. he is versatile. he has great mental strength.

Fan: Can't u just spend some money to bolster our defense?
Wenger: We don't need to. I can also play if song goes out too. I will add to the mental strength of the team

Fan: When are u going to sell Eboue?
Wenger: He is our mind. And nobody sells the mind of the team.

Fan: Are you going to try this "mind" on all the postions in the pitch?
Wenger: Yes, I can. It all depends on the mentality of the team.

Fan: But your "mind" never scores.
Wenger: Thats not true. He scores in his mind. He has scored many hat-tricks mentally. And the goal at bolton was the result of same mental strength. Soon more goals will come out of his mind.

Wenger: How much does your sheep cost?
Fan: 100 pounds. Why?

Wenger: I can give you 75 !

P.S.
1. Thanks Vivek for the Welcome
2. I made up some things Harsha. Dont mind.
3. Can I call Manchester United - Manure, Liverpool - Scousers and a Chelsea -Chelshit ?
4. I dont aspire to become a humor writer. Pardon me for my contribution. But i couldn't control.

10 comments:

Tapas said...

:D Well man, I am a gooner too and ur post reflects my exact thoughts about wenger and his reluctance to buy players for the 'desperately-need-some1-to-fill' positions and his 'still-looking','will-definitely-buy' kind of "assurances" to the fans...

Aman said...

Fellow Gooner, Thanks for commenting.

I dont question his policy. But yeah, they do force me to think like the blokes who sit in air-conditioned cabins and comments on his policies.

3 years without any trophy! Well i see:
1. An awesome crop of footballers
2. 90 minutes of my beautiful life
3. The financial stability
4. I see Arsene Wenger and Wenger knows !

Plus, i dont think he ever aimed at giving fake assurances to fans. He had his targets but didnt work out. Remember, he doesnt want players..he wants 'right players' for 'right positions'

And anyways, We got Eboue ! :)
Chill Pill..Didn't they name the away kit as 1989-2009 Legends?

Rahul said...

Can we cut this crap?

Rahul said...

This is a football blog for God's sake, not your personal blog where you can sprout anything.

Please, its a humble plea!

RedViv said...

Yeah welcome Aman...
Well Rahul , this is his first post , so don't come too hard on him.You can reserve that for when Arsenal travels to Stamford Bridge :).

Actually to be fair he wanted to highlight Wenger's policy , throwing light on his frugality and his reluctance to dig deep in the market and it just ended up being a tongue in cheek post. I think we could do with such posts once a while as long as it really reflects on the game or the club and this post certainly did( the second half of it).Anyway put your thoughts on that.

and Aman ur chant : arsenal-i-will-die-before-you-win-the-league ???

you are on the right track mate :)

And refrain from calling united manure and chelsea as chelshit because you know ARSEnal would get that back.Guys from Mersyeside are called as Scousers so that is not offensive.

PS: Just refrain from mentioning friends names in the blog.Assume you are writing for some one who doesn't know anyone of us.

Rahul said...

I have no issues with the Wenger fan chat thing....its actually pretty good. But the rest of the stuff is not. We're trying to put some quality in here and this stuff certainly does not fit the bill.

Aman said...

@Rahul
Its not a crap. But may be at the wrong place. And i know i personalized it.I might not have understood the aim of the blog. I had my apprehensions about that after i published it.

@Vivek
I will take care of that. Thanks.

But tell me one thing. What makes this blog different? You will find hundreds of sites writing about all this. Why will someone read our stuff?

Ilango said...

why are we having a gooner invasion on the blog!!! (fuming!)

RedViv said...

Yeah rahul , he said he wouldn't repeat the first half of the post again, so no issues.

Aman that is what is our job, when you write an article , just think why would someone continue to read your article after reading the first para or so. I continued to read your article because you had mentioned about a conversation between a fan and Wenger.
There is no as such goal of our blog, our USP is definitely the quality of the posts and we cant compromise on that. Many blogs report the daily news but actaully there are only a few blogs who analyze things, so may be we can score a point there. I can assure you that we would be much clear as to what else we need to do after a few weeks after all we are all new to selling our blog.The one thing which i notice amongst the good blogs is not just the quality of the posts in there but also the quality of discussions in the comments section as well. So our first aim is to probably increase the number of visitors. We'll also have to increase the regularity of the posts but that will gradually happen.

RedViv said...

@lango
haha yeah lango , even i was wondering that . it is as if the gooners have opened their flood gates :) .

good to have you here again , looking forward to your post ;).

I think this moderating thing is taking a lot out of me :D. I'm certainly putting an effort to sound nice every time.