September 30, 2008

Match Preview:Aab vs ManUtd

Firstly let me introduce myself to the bloggers,that is for those who do not know me already.I am Vasa and I am a Red Devil.A proud one,you can guess.This is my first post here.
I will go ahead with the match preview.Hopefully this kick starts my blogging career ;)


Aalborg,managed by Rioch,are the defending Superliga champions of Denmark.Honestly, even though I have been following football for such a long time I dont remember to have come across this club before and i guess its the same with most of you guys too.They are definitely unknown material when it comes to the Champions League.
AaB, as they are called in short, have won the their league championship for 2 years in a row,like ManUtd.

By no means i expect this to be a cake walk for us especially considering our present form,which is still nowhere near our best, and the result we had in this country not long ago.We lost to a decent Kobenhavn,aka Copenhagen FC 1-0 on their home soil.
A win is must for us to kick start our UCL campaign and top the table.AaB will be on a high though, with the draw at celtic park which is no mean result if you take the home form of Celtic.
I do not expect SAF to experiment much with the starting lineup.He will go for a strong one as a win is imperative.
The choice of the strike pair will interest me the most and i guess thats what most fans will be looking forward to.

Squads
ManUtd have nearly reached full strength.Though OH is out yet again nursing his knee.We seem to have found another Mr.Glass in him after the perennially injured Saha has been sold this summer.Neville has been left out.He deserves a rest after coming back really strong and surprising the boss himself, let alone the fans.

No idea about the AaB team though.Did not have enough time to find out about their team.

Predicted Starting line up
ManUtd: VDS: Brown,Rio,Vida,Evra; Park,Scholes,Fletch,Ron;Roon,Tevez

Score Prediction
1-2

Looking forward to the Matchday.

Cheers,
Vasa.
United Forever!

No comments: